Monday, September 2, 2013

Why I Hate Playwright Discussion Groups

I recently joined an on-line playwrights group as a way to find out about theatre companies looking for scripts. I have been really great at generating material, not so great at letting theatre companies know about it. Generally speaking, whether it's on-line or in person, playwrights talking about playwriting is painfully masturbatory - steel wool with sand as a lubricant painful. I found this thread the other day that really cracked me up. I won't give specifics as to why because real names appear (It's a public group that you can find if you have the gumption.). I shared it with my girlfriend who begged me to take the day to write a play that fit the description. I declined but compromised by writing a synopsis which I also posted to the thread. I think I have my entry for Drekfest next year! Click on the images to make them larger.





"3 Plays. 3 Days. An Intense Writing Intensive with Joe Janes" is this coming weekend!!! Been putting off registering? Well, today is your lucky day. Your procrastination has paid off. Follow this link and find out why. (Ahem... discount. Just for you. Because you know me and I am your friend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment